RECIPE: delicious homemade chocolate
I actually consider myself to be a person that doesn’t necessarily have a sweet tooth. If I have the choice, I’d pick something savoury over something sweet. But since I’ve discovered this chocolate, something has changed. The healthy chocolate recipe I’ll be sharing with you today is the most delicious and nutrient-packed one I know. One thing is for sure, it is super easy to make and no chocolate bar in the grocery store can compete with this homemade version.
The only ingredients you need are coconut oil, cacao powder, coconut blossom sugar and tahini (sesame paste). You could replace the cacao powder with carob if you choose to go without caffeine. The coconut blossom sugar you can also replace with maple syrup or honey and the tahini can be replaced with any other nut or seed butter. It’s all amazing! Make sure to use a good quality raw cacao powder, preferably organic and fair trade. Raw cacao is full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Do you ever get that low energy feeling after eating something sweet, and that feeling makes you want to eat more? You won’t have that with this chocolate, I’ll give you 2 reasons why:
- Coconut blossom sugar doesn’t influence your blood sugar level as much as other sugars, because it has a low glycemic index value. The glycemic index value tells you how long it takes before the food is converted into glucose (sugar) and also how quickly it ends up in your blood. If that happens quickly (high glycemic index) then your blood sugar level will rise quickly and as a result will plummet rapidly as well. This crash gives you that lethargic feeling that makes you feel like eating more.
- This recipe contains protein (from the tahini) and the right fats (from both the tahini and the coconut oil). This will make sure your blood sugar level will remain more balanced.
If the coconut oil is still hard, you can melt it au bain-marie, to make it easier to combine all the ingredients. Coconut oil melts at 24 °C / 76 °F so it won’t take very long. If you feel like hard chocolate, just place the mixture in the freezer for about an hour, this way the coconut oil will become hard again.
RECIPE DELICIOUS HOME-MADE CHOCOLATE
Preparation time: 10 min
Quantity: 1 person
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- 1 tbsp tahini
- sea salt
- goji berries
- cacao nibs
- seeds (for example sunflower or hemp)
- bee pollen
- If the coconut oil is hard, melt it au bain-marie.
- Combine all ingredients with the coconut oil.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish, lined with baking paper, and place in the freezer for an hour if you want hard chocolate.
- Optional, before you freeze, scatter some toppings over the mix.
Would you like to make more things yourself, instead of buying it all ready-made in the store? Great idea, often there’re many unnecessary unhealthy ingredients, especially in dips. And if you’re interested in stuff like this, make sure to check out our online course Reset your Diet (only in Dutch at the moment, English will be available soon). In 1 week you’ll learn how easy and simple it is to become a healthier version of yourself, with an optimum weight and a radiant skin! After 1 week you’ll be your own nutritionist!