RECIPE: creamy vanilla chia breakfast
This creamy vanilla chia breakfast recipe is a favorite of us for years already! It’s best made with a strong, preferably high-speed blender otherwise, the substance can be a little bit slimy. Also, people do eat blended chia straight away, but if you make it the evening before you eat it, your digestion will love your for it and it’ll get this perfect creamy substance. I (Robien) personally don’t eat cow dairy, and not very often goat or sheep dairy. I don’t miss it at all, but sometimes I do feel like a yoghurt-like breakfast.
Chia contains, besides a lot of fibre and good fats (like omega-3!), a wide spectrum of minerals, like calcium, phosphorus and manganese. You think you need yoghurt for healthy bones, well, think again! It’s also rich in antioxidants and contains a complete protein; good to know for vegetarians and people that are watching their protein intake!
Preparation time: 15 min
Quantity: 1 person
Equipment: I like this recipe best with a good blender, we use a Vitamix high-speed blender (C-series 5200 Standard).
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup of almond milk, coconut milk, rice milk (preferably unsweetened), or half ‘milk’, half water. Even with just water, it’s great.
- optional ½ tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (you don’t need this if the ‘milk’ is already sweetened)
Instructions creamy vanilla chia breakfast
- Blend all ingredients THE NIGHT BEFORE in a high-speed blender till it has a smooth consistency.
- Leave this mix in a closable container in the fridge overnight.
- Serve with anything you feel like or with nothing. A few options are goji berries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs, currants, pieces of banana or other fruit, a pinch of cinnamon, a tablespoon hemp seed or bee pollen.
If you want to understand more of what to eat so that you will be at the right weight, have a radiant skin, are healthy, happy and have plenty of energy, if you want to reset your health, please watch our free online workshop! It’s about the most important thing you can do for your body: taking care of your gut! Not that difficult if you know what to do. But most people don’t, and do more harm than good, without even knowing it. Be sure you know!